Working with Private Equity
A large number of executives in our network have had longtime, successful relationships with private equity firms. They have worked with them in a number of ways, including:
- Project-based: Due diligence, SME, first-100-day plan
- Interim-based: A wide variety of work based on unique or pressing needs
- Full-time: Stepping in as part of the new leadership team or supplementing the current one
Where most executives see private equity firms as a potential client or employer, we’d like to recommend a new perspective: taking another look at these firms as partners. To learn more about how you can partner with private equity and nurture your own private equity relationships, listen to our latest podcast, in which we talk with Mark Gartner of Clearlight Partners, and Steve Gast, a seasoned Interim CEO. Some of the topics we cover in the podcast are:
- The current landscape of private equity
- What do private equity firms look for in executive talent?
- The pros and cons of working with a private equity firm as an interim executive
- The rising need for experienced executive talent in private equity
- How to identify the right private equity firms for you or your clients
Mark is always looking for great executives to partner with. For a further discussion, you can contact Mark directly: Mark Gartner.